This was supposed to be the Geo-politics of Tik-Tok episode, but we never really got to the geopolitics part. Instead we talked a lot the merits of deleting one’s social media accounts and whether, in our super-connected age, it’s even tenable to do that.
We three, alas, have a professional compulsion to chase after this stuff, so we have to immerse ourselves in it despite the mental and emotional cost of doing so.
We converged around the theme of the nature of fame, how it is both defined and limited by the ecosystem it occurs within, and how it defines our legacies should it happen to us.
Books and External References
- Jaron Lanier, 10 Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now
- Jerry Mander, Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television
- Paul Levy Quantum Revelation & Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil
- Idubbbz “Ice Cream Man”
- Jani Lane The Tragic Story of the Warrant Frontman and Cherrie Pie
- Mark’s appearance on Doug Mckenty’s The Shift, and Paul Levy’s appearance is here.
Episode Transcript: AxisofEasy15_transcript