Weekly Axis Of Easy #263
Last Week’s Quote was “There are free men with the spirit of a slave, and slaves whose spirit is full of freedom. He who is true to his inner self is a free man, while he whose entire life is merely a stage for what is good and beautiful in the eyes of others, is a slave.” … was by Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook. Nobody got it!
This Week’s Quote: “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” … by ???
THE RULES: No searching up the answer, must be posted to the blog – the place to post the answer is at the bottom of the post, in the comments section.
The Prize: First person to post the correct answer gets their next domain or hosting renewal on us.
Announcing native support for .ETH domains, this is Ethereum’s own TLD.
We now offer the registrations on .ETH itself.
CIRA board elections are on now, see the candidate discussion forums here:
We’re not telling you how to vote, but Matt Gamble and Graeme Bunton are known quantities to us and they know their war around this terrain.
In this issue:
- Twitter expands its crowdsourced fact-checking program ‘Birdwatch’ ahead of US midterms
- Prominent Asian Companies and Governments Targeted by Hackers
- Growth investment Implemented in Hornetsecurity
- Botnets in the Work From Home Era
- Sextortion Ring Dismantled by Interpol
- Infosecurity Europe 2022: Survey Results Show Underprepared & Overconfident Specialists
- PSA: Zero-Day Vulnerability in WPGateway Actively Exploited in the Wild
- Telangana cops aid victims of cyber fraud crime
- Cyber experts are looking forward to NDAA
- Government requiring views to fight malware and hackers
- TeslaGun Panel Used By Hackers To Attack ServHelper
- Cyberattacks Occur Against Linux: Preparation is Advised
Fact checking seems to be the new word for censorship these days. Twitter is expanding the program they’ve been piloting for the last 18 months. Another buzz word added to the mix is “crowdsourced.”
They will allow anyone in the US apply for the position as long as they can verify them with an active mobile number (no virtual phone numbers are allowed.) Then they’ll vet them through a rating system that rates their rating of context. If they agree with the consensus of the notes, they get bumped up by a point, otherwise they get moved back down. They’ll need to reach 5 points to be an approved “Birdwatcher” and the privilege will be automatically taken away as their ratings fall below the 5 point mark.
It sounds like as long as a potential “Birdwatcher” agrees with the majority, they get to stay or otherwise they get booted.
The plan is to add 1000 “Birdwatchers” a week from now on.
What could possibly go wrong?
Previously on #AxisOfEasy
If you missed the previous issues, they can be read online here:
- September 5th, 2022: Safety Alert For Thousands Of Tourist Planes As Flying Technology Could Be Hacked
- August 29th, 2022: PayPal Scam Uses Invoices Sent Through Their Website
- August 22nd, 2022: The Newest Anti-Tracking Tool That Checks If You’re Being Followed
- August 15th, 2022: Amazon Plots To Turn Surveillance Network Into Reality TV Series
- August 8th, 2022:Meta Is Being Sued For Giving US Hospitals A Data-Tracking Tool That Allegedly Disclosed Patient Information To Facebook