Weekly Axis Of Easy #296
Last Week’s Quote was“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive,” was by C.S Lewis. Our winner is James Mellander. Well done James…. Edited for correction. We have two winners for last week…. Sam Bennett also got it right but sooner. Human error mistook the time stamp ! Congrats to Sam too!
This Week’s Quote: “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” By ???
THE RULES: No searching up the answer, must be posted at the bottom of this post, in the comments section.
The Prize: First person to post the correct answer gets their next domain or hosting renewal on us.
In this issue:
- The EARN IT Act is back and it is reviving the encryption issue at a crucial time
- Latest Uptycs Report Details New Ransomware Strain Capable of Attacking Linux Machines
- Malverposting Campaign Might Have its Origin in Vietnam
- Check Point’s latest research pointed hacking activities originating from Iran
- China’s Latest Steps to Expand its Cyber Capacities Raise Alarm for US Military Officials, Concern about Rivals’ Increasing Military Capacity
If you missed the previous issues, they can be read online here:
- April 24th, 2023: Facebook Censors Pulitzer Prize Winner’s Critique Of US Involvement In Nord Stream Pipeline Attack
- April 17th, 2023: TikTok Facing £12.7M Fine From ICO For Regulatory Issues For The Use Of Children’s Data
- April 10th, 2023: Clearview AI Admits To Nearly 1 Million Uses By US Law Enforcement
- April 3rd, 2023: Online Safety Bill Introduces Mass Surveillance, Leaves Citizens’ E2E Encrypted Messages Vulnerable To Criminal And Foreign Activity
- March 27th, 2023: 291: Chinese Budget Shopping App, Pinduoduo, Temporarily Suspended On Google Play Store Over Malware Concerns