Weekly Axis Of Easy #260
Last Week’s Quote was “There is no distinctly American criminal class – except Congress.” was by Mark Twain. There were many correct guesses, but Mike got it first!
This Week’s Quote: “The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” … by???
THE RULES: No searching up the answer, must be posted to the blog – the place to post the answer is at the bottom of the post, in the comments section.
The Prize: First person to post the correct answer gets their next domain or hosting renewal on us.
In this issue:
- The Newest Anti-Tracking Tool That Checks if You’re Being Followed
- Amazon’s Acquisition of the Roomba Is Dangerous
- Beware of fake Cloudflare protection screens Optimizing for Featured Snippets
- The FIOD Arrest Tornado Cash Developer After US Sanctions on Crypto Mixer Firm
- Over a Thousand of VNC Exposed to the Internet With Increasing of Attacks
- Conti Operators Keeping a Low Profile While Using Cybercrime as Cover
- Show Your Support for Member Nominees in CIRA Board Election
- Disinformation in Elections creates fear over hacker collaborations
- Developers are Alerted by GitHub Dependabot On Vulnerable Actions
- BEC Attacks Fueled by Ransomware Data Theft Plague
- Domain Registrars Deny Outgoing Transfers of Legal Domains
Previously on #AxisOfEasy
If you missed the previous issues, they can be read online here:
- August 15th, 2022: Amazon Plots To Turn Surveillance Network Into Reality TV Series
- August 8th, 2022:Meta Is Being Sued For Giving US Hospitals A Data-Tracking Tool That Allegedly Disclosed Patient Information To Facebook
- August 1st, 2022: An Update To Facebook’s Link Schema Aims To Fight Privacy Browsers And Privacy Plugins
- July 25th, 2022: Verified Twitter Vulnerability Exposes Data From 5.4 Million Accounts
- July 18th, 2022: CRTC Chair Ian Scott Confirms Bill C-11 Can Be Used To Pressure Internet Platforms To Manipulate Algorithms